In 1950, the first model 400 was launched, with a green-black striped sleeve, it has since become a world-wide symbol for the brand of Pelikan. In the eighties, the series was baptised Souverän. The black-blue striped sleeve was added to the range in 1995. The production of the sleeve is work-intensive. Adhering to a special Pelikan recipe, the raw material cotton is processed through many different steps until it is shaped into a striped sheet. It is then formed into a cylindrical tube, trimmed and sanded with a diamond. The writing instrument is then polished to a high sheen before the slightly springy clip with its famous, stylised Pelikan is mounted. A Pelikan pen's production is handled with the highest precision in order to obtain a virtually seamless transition between the high end materials, promising high performance power and precision every time. The Souverän range examples elegance and pride of ownership. The first Souverän models with a black and blue striped sleeve were added to the product range in 1995.
The M600 is the medium sized pen of the Souverän range.
- Rich, black resin cap and grip section
- Traditional striated barrel with black blue colour combination
- Tinted ink level aperture
- 14 ct. gold nib with rhodium trim (detachable for easy maintenance and cleaning)
- 24 ct. gold plated appointments including centre ring, clip and end cap
- Integral piston filling system
- Supplied with medium sized nib
- Gift boxed - type G15
NB: Other nib sizes available on request